A1000 configuration for Linux, WAS Installing Debian on Netra t1 and A1000

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 09:02:24PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> > > The A1000 is not a problem. Debian's primary archive is on an Ultra60
> > > with an A1000 array. I'm willing to bet you have a SCSI termination
> > > issue. Try "probe-scsi-all" at the OBP prompt. If you have problems
> > > there, Linux wont help you.

Hmm, I have an A1000 that I might be able to free up for use under
Linux. Hardware RAID and battery-backed write caching would rule.  For
such a setup do you have to configure the array with "Raid Manager"
running on Solaris then run Linux on the host long term?
--
Nate Campi    http://www.campin.net