Re: Installing Debian on Netra t1 and A1000

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 02:16:01PM +0930, Morgan Martin-Skerm wrote:
> Below is the transcript of an unsuccessful install of the latest Debian sparc distribution. I am an ultra linux newb. and even less experienced with Sun hardware. Does anyone have any idea why this install stalls at "sym0: SCSI BUS has been reset." Is this a problem people have had in the past? I am interested to hear from people who have successfully installed debian on Netra and A1000. Your help will be much appreciated, As i really want to use debian on this machine. and cannot get anything but Solaris to install. Thankyou so much for ur help :)

The A1000 is not a problem. Debian's primary archive is on an Ultra60
with an A1000 array. I'm willing to bet you have a SCSI termination
issue. Try "probe-scsi-all" at the OBP prompt. If you have problems
there, Linux wont help you.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/