SUN RAY 1 WITH LINUX

Sorry for sending to differents mailing lists but is
on-topic for both lists. And here it goes my question:
Does anyone know if I could use Linux under the Sun
Ray 1?  I have 12 and I want to use Linux for use the
Sun Ray's 1 as X terminals (I have no longer budget
for Sun maintenance), and I want to use an Intel
server... did someone do this or knows anything about
this issue? I know the Sun Ray is not a javastation so
it doesn't help the JS Howto.... Thank you for your time.