Re: Error with nfs-root install

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 09:54, Francis Devereux wrote:

> I'm not sure, but this could be because nfslockd is not running on the nfs
> server.  Are you running nfslockd on the nfs server.  What OS is the nfs
> server?

I finally tracked this down, and it was a right bugger.  It's because
the *client* isn't running portmap or statd.  *Both* the client, and the
server need to run them for locking to work apparently, and the
boot-floppies image in woody doesn't have them.  More details here:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2002/debian-boot-200208/msg00278.html

Bob

--
Bob Ham <rah@bash.sh>