Re: ssh pause on ultra 2

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 11:33:39AM -0600, JJ Streicher-Bremer wrote:
> I have woody installed on my ultra2 and have had this problem from the
> beginning.  When I'm sshing to my system my clients (every one I have
> tried) pauses for approx 15 sec before coming back with a prompt (or
> connecting in the case of key-based auth).  I do have forward _and_
> reverse name lookups working on this host.  I even tried compiling my
> own openssh with the same problem.  When I run sshd in debug mode this
> is what I get.

It's because openssh as compiled for woody doesn't have the
gcc -mv8 optimizations compiled in:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2002/debian-sparc-200212/msg00025.html

I ended up maintaining my own openssl and openssh debs with the
optimizations compiled in, made all the difference in the world.
--
Nate

"My suggestion for an Official Usenet Motto: 'If you have nothing to
say, then come on in, this is the place for you, tell us all about it!'"
- Fosseng, Hevard [quotation collector]