"Memory not aligned" kernel problem

Hi,

this is my first post here. I looked around on this list to find out if
someone else had the same problem, but i found no solution.
I just compiled the 2.6.0 kernel. The compile process is just fin, byt the
image i get seems not to be bootable. Right after i select the image at
the sil prompt at boot i get a "Memory not aligned" error and i am kicked
to the openboot prompt again.
It is the first time i compile a kernel for an ultrasparc box, so i have
no idea of what my mistake could be. I tred to gzip the image and boot it,
but it hangs complaining about the size of the uncompresed kernel. The
problem is that i already put out of the kernel all the things i don't
need.
sorry to bother you with this problem.

bye

http://www.ppcnerds.org