Re: "Memory not aligned" kernel problem

Hi Marco,

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, marco wrote:

> I just compiled the 2.6.0 kernel. The compile process is just fin, byt the
> image i get seems not to be bootable. Right after i select the image at
> the sil prompt at boot i get a "Memory not aligned" error and i am kicked
> to the openboot prompt again.

What compiler did you use? I wouldn't trust all GCC versions.
GCC 3.2.3 is known to work with the 2.4 kernels.

I consider 2.6.0 a 'most things work' milestone. Sparc support for 2.6
hasn't been tested or reported on this list very much lately. It might be
broken. In that case, it will be fixed in a next version of the 2.6 series.

Regards,
Pieter-Paul