Re: 64bits & df

El Jue 13 Nov 2003 09:46, Ben Collins escribió:
> > When I run this testcase by hand, .... wait, that's the problem likely.
> > It uses "gcc-3.3" as CC which doesn't have all of the "uname -m" output
logic
> > the /usr/bin/gcc script written by Ben has.  If the configure test above
> > is run without an explicit "-m64" it will create a 32-bit shared object
> > for the test case.  On sparc32 the test does pass properly, on sparc64
> > it does not.
>
> That makes the most sense. I'll get this fixed today. Thanks for looking
> into it Dave.

Sorry if this has nothing to do with the thread, but a few weeks ago I sent a
mail with inconviniences in compiling PostgreSQL with 64bit support. In the
PostgreSQL list, the person that had tested PG in Linux SPARC (Debian) said
it couldn't be compiled with 64 bit support (even when configure found 64 bit
support in the system).
Is there a straight forward way to get full (or almost full) 64 bit support in
Linux on SPARC? Does it have to do with GCC or glibc?

Here is the link to the mail I sent (it has the output from make):

http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2003/debian-sparc-200311/msg00031.html

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués                  |        mmarques@unl.edu.ar