Re: 64bits & df

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 03:12:46PM -0800, David S. Miller wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 17:13:55 -0600
> Otto Solares <solca@guug.org> wrote:
>
> > nis_syscall(0x28f90, 0x58)              = -1 ENOSYS (Function not implemented)
>
> > nis_syscall(0x29240, 0x58)              = -1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)
>
> I wish there was a way to make strace print out the raw system call
> number instead of the "nis_syscall" strings.  This strace build
> doesn't know about all of the NPTL system call assignments so it
> can't print the system call number correctly.
>
> If anything strace should do something like
>
> 	printf("nis_syscall_%d", syscall_num);
>
> so that the raw syscall number could be determined.
>
> I need this information in order to debug this.

does this make sense?, i put a printf inside the syscall number decoding
but maybe its wrong, if write is syscall nr. 4 its right i guess.

syscall number: 234
nis_syscall(0x292b0, 0x58)              = -1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)
syscall number: 4
write(2, "df: ", 4df: )                     = 4

-solca