Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL v7.4 Release Candidate 1 compile errors
Date: Jue 06 Nov 2003 06:01
From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>
To: Martin Marques <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar>
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org

Martin Marques writes:
> I tried compuiling RC1 and got this on make:
>
> make[4]: Entering directory
> `/space/home/martin/basura/postgresql-7.4RC1/src/backend/access/common'
> /usr/bin/ld -r -o SUBSYS.o heaptuple.o indextuple.o indexvalid.o printtup.o
> scankey.o tupdesc.o
> /usr/bin/ld: Relocatable linking with relocations from format elf64-sparc
> (heaptuple.o) to format elf32-sparc (SUBSYS.o) is not supported
> make[4]: *** [SUBSYS.o] Error 1
>
> Looks like I'm missing something in my instalation, but couldn't find out
> what it was. Any ideas those of you working on 64 bit?

That's the same result I had.  The machine doesn't have a 64-bit userland
and compiler tools.  You need to run

sparc32 ./configure
sparc32 make
sparc32 make all

At least on Debian.  I don't think we're in a position to support 64-bit
Sparcs on Linux at this point.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

 08:17:01 up 15 days, 15:39,  5 users,  load average: 0.14, 0.27, 0.25
Martín Marqués        | select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar'
Centro de Telematica  |  DBA, Programador, Administrador
             Universidad Nacional
                  del Litoral