Re: nsswitch.conf compat problem with passwd

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 09:16:05AM -0400, Heitzso wrote:
> On my debian unstable sparc32 running 'passwd blat' as root
> is yielding an
>  "Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication info."
> message.  Googling on that gave me an Aug deb email:

First, this isn't a sparc issue, so your best bet is actually the
debian-user list, which is meant for general inquiries.

Second, I'd check /etc/pam.d/ files and make sure you accepted the new
files that dpkg installed, rather than keeping the old ones. PAM's
default files changed recently.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/