Re: [debian-sparc] Update on mplayer support for Linux/SPARC

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:27:48 +0200 (CEST)
Erwann Abalea <erwann.abalea@certplus.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Antonello wrote:
>
> > If you haven't enabled mlib yet, I advice you to do it, since the
> > performance boost (at no additional cost) is remarkable. I posted a
> > pico-howto on this subject some time ago (with the precious help of Mr.
> > Miller), you can find it in the mailing list archives.
>
> I found your pico-howto, and I'll test it. I'm downloading the libmlib
> packages, I'll test them later. Thanks.

FWIW, I wrote all the VIS routines for IDCT, motion compensation,
and yuv2rgb conversions for libmpeg2.  I'm working with the libmpeg2
maintainer to integrate my work.

The IDCT part needs a little more work but otherwise it's %100
complete (and yes much faster than Sun's crap in mlib :)

Once I have all of this work done I'll make an effort to create a
patch for mplayer-1.0preX and maybe even try to figure out that
color problem (reds and blues are reversed in every pixel which
points to some kind of endianness bug).  However I encourage
Antonello to still file the bug in the mplayer bug area so that
they know about it.