Re: Are Sunblade 1000s slow?

On Thursday 02 October 2003 19:57, Elie De Brauwer wrote:

> > ...and a ...umm...  I *think* 333MHz Ultra 5, but I could be off by a
> > few:
> > cpu             : TI UltraSparc IIi
> > fpu             : UltraSparc IIi integrated FPU
> > Cpu0Bogo        : 719.25

Here is my Ultra10/333.

nenno@sunseeker:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
cpu             : TI UltraSparc IIi (Sabre)
fpu             : UltraSparc IIi integrated FPU
promlib         : Version 3 Revision 15
prom            : 3.15.2
type            : sun4u
ncpus probed    : 1
ncpus active    : 1
Cpu0Bogo        : 665.19
Cpu0ClkTck      : 0000000013d92d40
MMU Type        : Spitfire

Your U5 CPU is a Blackbird, mine a Sabre. So you are probably posting a
400-Mhz machine output. My machine is slower than yours according to specs.
Your Blade runs slower than my lame Ultra10, it seems. I would like to buy a
1500, hoping it will work correctly with Linux.

Bye,
Antonello

--
Antonello Iunco <etn at libero dot it> - Natural Born Betatester
Cruising the Web on a (Modified) Debian-Powered Sun Ultra10