Re: Are Sunblade 1000s slow?

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 10:42:59AM -0500, Kent West wrote:
> Kent West wrote:
>
> >This year, I've gotten the opportunity to put Debian on a Sunblade
> >1000 (with 1GB RAM - whoo-hoo!). However, now that it's running
> >Debian, it seems awfully sluggish.
>
> Another example: running "glxgears" only shows a frame rate of 26 to 44 FPS.

GL isn't a good comparison, since it relies on video hardware, not the
CPU (unless of course you are running it as software-GL).

I have a Blade100, and I don't see it as being very slow. Maybe you are
comparing the wrong things. What sort of disk does the Blade 1000 have?
Is it IDE or scsi? Disk access depends more on the disk and disk
controller, and less to do with CPU.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/