Mozilla Fails to start in Unstable

I've got a Sunblade 1000 with a fresh install of Debian. I originally installed Stable, and Mozilla ran. But after I dist-upgraded to Unstable, Mozilla now fails to start.

I tried moving my ~/.mozilla directory out of the way; I tried purging/reinstalling Mozilla; no difference.

When I try starting Moz from a terminal window, I get:

Thu Oct 02   10:37:35
-----------
snert[@macs54]:/home/snert> mozilla
/dev/dsp: No such file or directory

Thu Oct 02   10:52:28
-----------
snert[@macs54]:/home/snert> ps ax | grep moz
26894 pts/0    S      0:00 grep moz

When I originally installed Moz, when it asked what sound daemon to use, I believe I chose "auto". Now when I run "dpkg-reconfigure mozilla", wanting to set it to none, it "thinks" for 20 or 30 seconds, and then nothing happens:

Thu Oct 02   10:52:38
snert[@macs54]:/home/snert> sudo dpkg-reconfigure mozilla
Password:

Thu Oct 02   10:54:09