Re: debian/sparc serial console

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 18:22:04 +0100
Emmanuel Kasper <emmanuelk@soleil.org> wrote:

> > Um, with my SS10, ROM 2.25, this doesn't happen. I have to explicitely
> > set serial I/O if I want that. Simply unplugging keyboard (which works
> > nicely on another SS10 with an older ROM version) doesn't help here...
> I also have an Ultra10, and  when you boot, the PROM expects a
> console on the serial port if it doesn't detect the sun keyboard.

Emmanuel,
The SparcStation 10 is not an Ultra ;)
However, my Ultra2 (with Woody) is completely headless and behaves the
same way that you describe.. even the "keyboard not found, using tty for
i/o" appears on the serial console (9600, N, 1, no flow control).

Bye
Antonello

--
Antonello <etn@libero.it>