Unable to accent

Hi,

I upgraded my debian testing today. Without any reason I notice the keyboard I'm lost the hability to accent the words.
My keyboard is sun type 5.
Until that upgrade I used the "compose" key plus one symbol, for example ' plus a to get a with accent. Now it stops working. Interestingly emacs and bluefish are working fine, as before, but mozilla e-mail client, gnumeric, openoffice and other applications I use don't work properly. Why? What could happen? One of the upgrades I did was xfree 4.2.1-6 to 4.2.1-11. Another was gnome 1.4 to 2.2, but this has upgrated for a long period and never caused any problem. I tried dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 many times, however I think there isn't any better for my keyboard than the XFConfig-4 extract:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"
	Driver		"keyboard"
	Option		"CoreKeyboard"