Not having much luck installing debian in my SS1+

Ok, I am trying to put linux in my SS1+. So, I downloaded ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-sparc/current/sun4cdm/tftpboot.img to my netbsd box, which I am using as rarpd/tftpd server. I configured the SS1+ to boot from le(). This is what happens:

Testing
Testing audio chip; listen for a beep
Synchronous Error Reg Test
Synchronous Virtual Address Reg Test
Asynchronous Error Reg Test
Asynchronous Virtual Address Reg Test
System Enable Reg Test
Memory Test
Cache Tag Memory Test
Cache Data Memory Test
Probing Memory Bank #: 1 2 3 4 5
Booting from: le(0,0,0)vmunix
307c00
Watchdog reset
Illegal InstructionType  help  for more information
ok

FYI, I have no problems installing netbsd in this same machine. Where am I screwing things up?