Re: [gentoo-sparc] another hypersparc smp question ...

A levelezőm azt hiszi, hogy Keith M Wesolowski a következőeket írta:
> > I'm also wondering if I am hanging on a console/ttyS0
> > cross up.  Right now I'm recompiling without prom console
> > and without framebuffer support.  I've also sym linked
> > /dev/console over to /dev/ttyS0 and am _not_ using
> > devfs.  I'm running headless over ttya.
>
> I do not know what documents still say that this is correct but they
> should be burned.  /dev/console is major 5 minor 1 and should not be a
> symlink to anything.

... And do not work on 2.6.0-test5, sparc64at least.
There is something seriously broken in the console code in 2.6.

I have tried everything imaginable to get console(5,1) work
in a headless netra T1.
Now my console is major and minor of ttyS0. Now at least userspace
have a chance to find a console. Only there are
kernel hangs and oopses if the boot sequence is "incorrect".
With the "correct" boot sequence (init=/bin/bash, /etc/init.d/rcS,
/etc/init.d/rc 2), the system works, and I yet to see a hangup or
Oops. Just I don't like if my init is a bash.

--
GNU GPL: csak tiszta forrásból