Re: cannot find sparc64.gz

> As I told you in private email gcc-3.3 can only successfully
> compile current 2.4.22-rcX kernels.

Thanks a lot.
I suspected something similar but I wasn't sure about it.
So far, so good. I'll try a rc kernel then

> And as I also told you in private email the only hope for
> reliable multi-head is some combination of Creator3D and
> ATI Mach64 cards containing Sun firmware.

Unfortunately, I dont'have such cards handy at the moment, just standard PC
cards and a Sun Raptor GFX (that I know is also problematic due to the need
of binary firmware).
Mach64 is quite outdated for graphics use (as is the Ultra10 as a whole, being
replaced by SunBlade) so I was a looking for a more performing card. I'll dig
the net to find a used Creator3D, then, at least to achieve dual-head
functionality.

I still have lots of curiosity about Debian on Sparc (yes, I love Debian, and
I love Suns, but I don't like Solaris and CDE very much) so I hope I'm not
nagging you with all my questions :)

Thanks a lot,
Antonello.

--
Antonello Iunco <etn at libero dot it>
Cruising the Web on a (Modified) Debian-Powered Sun Ultra10