Re: Ultra 5 Xinerama

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:07:18 -0400
Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 11:13:14PM -0400, Mark T. Valites wrote:
> > I spent all day fight my ultra 5 trying to get a second video card to be
> > picked up by the system. At first I tried dropping in a matrox millineum
> > II, but after a couple hours playing with that, I gave up and dropped in a
> > mach64 card since it was supposed to use the same "ati" drive for X as the
> > onboard Rage Pro.
>
> What ver of the dist are you running? Woody/unstable?
>
> What kernel are you running?
>
> What version of xfree86-server do you have installed?
>
> Send /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and /var/log/XFree86.0.log.

The Matrox is not expected to work, it's still a pretty non-portable
driver and it requires executing the x86 bios code on the card which
current Xfree86 should do properly even on Sparc but that doesn't get
much testing.

At it's best I had a Rage128 card's x86 bios running properly and then
xfree86 using it.

The Mach64 is only going to work if it has Sun firmware on it, all the
x86 bios stuff gets bypassed in the ATI driver and it'd be a real pain
to turn the back on in the Sparc builds.