cannot see my external scsi drives

Title: Message
hello,

I installed debian 3.0 r1 and recompiled a 2.4.21 kernel fine.

but I still can't see my external SCSI drives on a sunswift SCSI adapter (it works
fine on solaris).

the network interface on teh same card works great, but I can't see those disks
(or perhaps the old solaris partitions are not recognized).

but there is no sd message in the var/log/message file.

I searched through search engines and debian mailing lists, but I found no info about sunswift
drivers.

has anyone tried (and succeeded) to plug a harddrive multipack on a sunswift card before ??

thanks for sharing the hints to the newbie I am.

nicolas figaro