Re: Cannot see all of harddrive in Ultra 5

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, Ben Collins wrote:

>Yeah, do the fdisk sun label thing. If the kernel can see, it, then so
>can fdisk. The reason it wouldn't before is probably because Solaris put
>a bad disk label on there.

I took out the drive, put it into a running system, made one big ext2
partition on it, formatted it and put it into the Ultra 5 again. Now the
whole drive could be seen.

Then I ran the Debian installation. During the drive partitioning I put
a Sun label on the drive with 'custom' selected on all options.

That worked.

Thank you for your answers.

Best regards,
David List