Re: Got 2.4.20 to compile/run, but get NULL pointer dereference under load.

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 08:02:08AM -0500, Greg Moeller wrote:
> With a combo of egcs64 and gcc 2.95 I managed to get a kernel compiled which
> had all the hardware/drivers I needed. (differential SCSI, SMP, RAID)
> With some simple testing on a pair of RAID0 drives (in a D1000) using cp -a
> I get:
> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference

Is the target filesystem ext3?  There's some bug that causes this
behavior.  I could very easily reproduce it by copying lots of data (I
was trying to move /usr/ to its own disk).  I was completely unable to
get any help from the ext3 devel list or the sparc kernel list, or the
main kernel dev list, so it's probably still there.

See if you get the crash when the target fs is ext2.  And, as Ben
already said, use ksymoops to give some meaning to that code dump you
have.

noah