Re: auto power-off on a SPARC LX (was Re: Ethernet lockup)

The Ultra patch is not applicable. The SPARC kernel will not power-down a system with a serial console attached; from process.c:

void machine_power_off(void)
{
#ifdef CONFIG_SUN_AUXIO
    if (auxio_power_register && !serial_console)
        *auxio_power_register |= AUXIO_POWER_OFF;
#endif
    machine_halt();
}

If this implementation bothers you, consider coding-up a sysctl to modify this behavior.