Re: 2.4.21pre6 kernel Load problem on/for sun4u

3001328 May 29 11:45 image*

Can I run "gzip -9vc image > image-2.4.21-pre6" on it and have the system boot from the resultant compressed image?

I get this then, which is smaller than the image I am currently booting from (though that image is a gzipped vmlinux file:

1286923 May 29 11:47 image-2.4.21-pre6