Re: kernel 2.5.68 and egcs64

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003, Ben Collins wrote:

> For now I just removed that check from init/main.c.

good idea :)

> For the long term, gcc-3.3 doesn't build working kernels for me.

I expected so... mine didn't boot.

> Maybe one day it will, but when it does, it wont provide
> sparc64-linux-gcc, it will provide just plain gcc, since the sparc64
> kernel Makefiles already check if gcc is capable of 64bit kernel builds.

mmmm strange is that taking a vanilla kernel, make menuconfig, make
vmlinux was still complaining about sparc64-linux-gcc command not found.

> I may try to get gcc-3.2 doing 64bit builds.

Do you mind to keep me informed if you will succed?

Thanks
Fabio

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html