Re: SparcStation 20 and SILO

On Sunday 23 February 2003 07:09, Tim Spriggs wrote:
	Either way, when I try and boot the machine from the drive I just
installed debian on, it gives me an error in the open boot prom:

	"The file just loaded does not appear to be executable."

	I have looked all over the place online and found only one
reference to someone who changed a parameter in /etc/silo.conf which I
tried with no success.

Tim, I had the same problem recently when I was installing on an SS5. Turns out "disk" in the openboot environment was pointing at the wrong place on my machine. I tried "boot disk1" and got the SILO prompt (and then changed "disk" to point to "disk1"!). I still had to fiddle with SILO after that to make sure it was pointing at the kernel properly, but it all worked easily from there. Dunno if this will work in your case, but it might be worth a try. Good luck.../Taras

P.S. Nice reference here: http://www.adminschoice.com/docs/open_boot.htm