Re: SparcStation 20 and SILO

Hello Tim.

I had that "The file just loaded does not appear to be executable." stuff a
while ago, too. For me, it seems to be the general error message if the
machine does not know what to do. On my machine the CD-drive was broken.

Is your boot configuration ok? I assume you will get that message if you try
to boot from the wrong partition.

Do not give up, it will work :-) I use Debian on my SS20 since mid' 2002 and
it works. I still have some hardware issues, but that is because I try to use
it with 2 Ross CPUs and the onboard graphics. Basic configuration is ok.

Regards,

   Hartwig