Re: Woody on a Netra T1

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 09:23:06PM +0100, Hans Spaans wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 02:05:57PM -0500, Roger J. Mialkowski wrote:
> > Do you require Novell connectivity? I've had no luck running ipx_configure
> > on the sparc64 platform.
>
> No don't want it and don't need it. But maybe we're going to
> experiment with SNA ;-)
>
> The userspace stuff I mainly belief (it also works on sparc32 and
> hp-pa here), but I never installed debian on serial console machines
> and I had some experiences with openbsd that made me wonder if there
> where some "handy" things to know before installing woody ;-)

I run woody on a netra t1 105, no issues. I actually did my install on a
UE2, though, and put the disk into the netra. This was just because I
was too lazy to track down the adapter to use the rj45 serial
connection, when I had an unused UE2 and a serial cable that fit it.

I'm actually thinking of taking one of the UE2 disks and putting it into
an unused 6500 we have. I wonder if it will even boot. I've run woody on
420s with 4 CPUs but it freezes every couple weeks. I use UE2's in
production without any issues.

Anyone every run woody on anything with more than 4 CPUs? I think the
6500 in question has 20 CPUs.
--
Nate Campi    http://www.campin.net