My NIC doesn't work properly...

Hello,
    I have just installed Woody for SPARC on my bog-standard Ultra 1, but i'm
having a few problems... my network interface seems to go down, and them come
back up intermittently, but even when it says it's back up, my machine is still
unpingable, and it has no access to the world beyond it's motherboard. Here's
the error i'm getting:

  NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
  eth0: transmit timed out, resetting
  eth0: Happy Status 03010000 TX[000003ff:00000301]
  eth0: Link is up using internal transceiver at 100Mb/s, Full Duplex

and even after this, i still cannot access my network, or the internet (to
complete my *huge* dselect project to get debian installed!)

Any ideas ppl??

Thanks,
Richard.

--
Richard Hobbs
hobbs@mongeese.co.uk

"There's only one way of life, and that's your own" - The Levellers