Re: sparc64 and ipsec anyone?

In my experience, it's been unusable on anything big-endian.

Daniel van Eeden wrote:

Is it an sparc64 only problem or is ipsec also unusable on sparc32?

Daniel van Eeden <daniel_e@dds.nl>

Noah L. Meyerhans wrote:

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 11:06:51AM +0100, Ulrich Wurst wrote:

Has anyone of you successfully managed to use ipsec on a sparc64 machine?

I've still never managed to get it working.  I've basically given up on
freeswan on SPARC64.  Hopefully the ipsec implementation that's going in
to Linux 2.6 will give better results.

I don't remember the details of the freeswan problem, but it has
something to do with the way ioctls are implemented on sparc64.  There's
some kind of translation or something that goes on in kernel space.  But
that's only what I can recall from my vague memories of hearing it
explained; I've never actually looked at the code, and don't know my way
around the kernel source well enough to know where to look.

noah