Re: Booting Installation on SunBlade

> It boots the SunBlade 100 to the "boot:" prompt, and I can type "help"
> and get a help screen, but if I just press ENTER to start the install,
> I  get the message "Fast Data Access MMU Miss" followed by the "ok"
> prompt.

I had the same problem with the ISO on my SunBlade 100.  In
the end, what I did was setup my debian x86 desktop with
rarpd,tftpd,and bootp and then I booted the SunBlade over
my home network.

That worked fine, and I was able to install Debian and I've
been running it ever since, which is been about a month
now.

For more detailed instructions see:

http://sunblade100.wells.org.uk/cache/59.html

I also found the Debian install manual helpful, specifically
section 4.5 - "Preparing Files for TFTP Net Booting"

http://www.debian.org/releases/woody/i386/ch-install-methods.en.html

--
Loren Bandiera, CISSP