Re: Booting Installation on SunBlade

Ben Collins wrote:

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 04:17:55PM -0500, Kent West wrote:
I'm new to the Sun world, but comfortable on i386 and mostly comfortable on Debian for that platform.

Don't even attempt to install potato on a Blade. You will have about as
much luck as you would shooting shooting flies from 100 hundred yards
with a paperclip.

Use woody. There's a netinst.iso image in the disks-sparc/current/
directory.

Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded and burned the netinst.iso from http://auric.debian.org/~bcollins/disks-sparc/current/netinst.iso.

It boots the SunBlade 100 to the "boot:" prompt, and I can type "help" and get a help screen, but if I just press ENTER to start the install, I get the message "Fast Data Access MMU Miss" followed by the "ok" prompt.

This machine has a winpci card if it matters.

Thanks for any help!

Kent