Re: Window Managers

On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 14:04, Aravind Vinnakota wrote:
> Hi all,
>   Thanks for all the responses. I tried twm, gnome, icewm, blackbox and
> tldesk window managers. Of which I could not find any browsers other than
> lynx. The netscape browser which is coming default with some of the window
> managers does not seem to execute.

Try, as a root, ¨apt-get install galeon¨
It´s a good opensource browser that uses the Mozzila libraries, os when
dowloading Galeon you´ll the apt-get will download Mozilla also.
Another good text browser is ¨links¨, the command to install it is the
same I mentioned above.
Finaly there is ¨opera¨, I never used it, but I´ve heard good comments
about it.

> When I use gnome all the the windows
> seem to settle on the extreme left top corner.

You´re right, I´ve noticed this behaviour also... I´m looking for the
reason in order to fix it, but I couldn´t solve it yet. I´m sorry not
help you on this.

> I dont know where I am
> making a mistake, but I am looking for something like KDE or GNOME like on
> redhat where we have plenty of options, large number of browsers, etc. I
> think I am unable to find the right one. Any suggestions? Please cc me.

Have you tried ¨enlightenment¨, it´s a good window maneger.

Good lucky,

Antonio.