Re: Installing potato on a Ultra1

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 07:13:14PM +0000, Angel Martin Alganza wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install Potato on my Untra1 box with no success. My problem
> is that none of the modules I try to install on the kernel get installed
> successfully. I have the feeling I should tell the system it's an Ultra
> system somewhere (since I've seen there are different rescue and drivers
> floppies for Ultra and non-Ultra systems)... but haven't been able to
> figure out when and how... I have experience with potato on IPX and SS,
> where I haven't have any trouble to install and run it. I would appreciate
> any hints.

When you say the modules don't get installed, what's the error message
that comes out? As for telling it that it's an Ultra, believe me, the
install systems knows very well that it is working with an ultrasparc :)
No need to tell it anything.

Sounds to me like you are having version skew between the kernel you are
running and the drivers you are trying to install. I'd like to know the
error message before I make any guesses.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/