Re: BLAS on Sparc

Greetings, and thanks for your reply!

Dave Love <d.love@dl.ac.uk> writes:

> Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com> writes:
>
> > Now, why can't g77 link a C float function to a
> > fortran REAL FUNCTION ?
>
> What do you mean?  Obviously you can write an interface to a C
> function returning float.  There is also a fairly flexible way of
> specifying interfaces to the implementations of intrinsics, but I
> don't recall where that lives.
>
> If you want to know why real functions return a double value, you'd
> probably have to ask the BSD f77 author (Feldman?) if it isn't
> explained in the f2c doc as a consequence of VAX f77.  G77 isn't
> special in that regard.  It uses the f2c conventions and f2c had
> common ancestry with other Unix f77s, though I dare say many have been
> replaced now.

This was my question, and your little sketch of history here makes it
clear.

Now everything is just about ready with the blas/lapack/atlas suite on
i386, ppc, sparc, alpha, mips(el) and (probably) s390, but the
addition of the integrity checks to the build have revealed apparently
insuperable compiler issues on hppa,arm,ia64, and m68k.  It looks as
if I'll have to request the ftp-master to pull the old binary packages
for these :-(.

Thanks again!