nfs problem

Hi,

when i try to mount a filesystem from an NFS server, the mount hangs for several minutes and syslog prints the following errors:

kernel: lockd_up: no pid, 2 users??
kernel: portmap: RPC call returned error 5

Eventually the mount succeeds and i can access the data.
Is this a known problem? (I could not find any recent posts about this).
I use kernel 2.2.19 (woody installation kernel) on a SS 20.
I makes no difference if the NFS server is Linux or FreeBSD, so it seems to be a client problem.

Any ideas?

--
Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

E-mail: mailto:rebehn@ant.uni-bremen.de
Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341