Re: cd boot fails: kernel can't find root fs

Hi list, hi Marc

since a while I follow this thread because I have an old SS20 with 128 MB
running. The installation (woody) went well with no problems. I used an old
external SCSI-CDROM-Drive (with Caddy).
Later on I tried to install a second SS20 with the same set of CD's and I got
also the same error as you did. First I thought the CD-Drive would be the
problem (a newer one). I used the same old one as on the other SS20. But the
problem was still there.  Later I managed to install the SS20 with boot
floppies.

The Boot-PROM version of both SS20's is exactly the same! The only difference
is, that in the first installed SS20 I have 128 MB and one the later one only
118 MB (I don't even know if this is possible). I didn't open the machines to
check, I just believe what the system tells me.

So it looks like this is a confirmation of your theorie. Your error is
reproducible.

If your solution is reproducible I don't know, because I finished the
installation with floppies.

Dietmar (Debian newbie)