Re: cd boot fails: kernel can't find root fs

I got my ss20 to boot the install cdrom!

I had 4x32mb memory modules in the machine.  On a lark, I pulled two
of them out, hoping to affect the memory allocation algorithm, and it
worked.

If anybody else out there has an ss20 they've been unable to boot off
cdrom, try pulling memory until it's got only 64mb, or perhaps
anywhere than 128mb.  I'm curious if my solution is reproducible.

There's still a bug here, but this is a sufficient workaround for me.
When I'm done installing, I'll put the memory back in.

                Marc