Re: SMP on SS10 with 2.4

Hi again

I've done some more experiments:
I have two 64meg and two 32meg modules in my ss10.

If I put in only one module, 2.4.20rc2 works fine.

If I put in the two 64meg modules, 2.4.20rc2 works nearly well. First the
modules have to be in the right slots (see sun homepage). Second there are
some moments the system sleeps for about 10 seconds. I could not yet
determine what causes this stops besides the fact, that it is a
memory-related problem (what a surprise ;) )

If I put in all four modules, I get where I was before - nothing works.

Besides this I noticed some strange differences between 2.4.20rc2 and
2.2.21 (both smp):
- With two 64meg modules, 2.2.21 counts about 127meg, 2.4.20rc2 counts
  about 124meg. I did not know that the kernel version does have an affect
  on the installed memory ;)
- With 2.2.21 the dual hyperSparc at 125Mhz produces about 125bogomips per
  cpu, with 2.4.20rc2 it produces about 109bogomips. This decrease in
  doing
  nothing has been observed before on suse-sparc.
  If I calculate 2^100000 with bc, there is no time difference for the two
  kernels. This probably does not mean anything, I just wanted to see if I
  can prove this in an easy way.

Can someone reproduce similar problems (Hartwig?)?
Is there a sparc-kernel-mailing-list or is lkml the place for such
problems?
Did I something that I should not on sparc? I'm sparc-newbie...

Thanks
Emanuel