Re: Killed my SPARC5?

Matthew Twomey wrote:

this may or may not be related..........but ever since i installed a new boot prom on my ss20, if i manually turn the power off to the box then re-apply power it sits there for about five minutes with just the power supply fan and the hard drive fan running, the power LED is on..........then the monitor, (GDM17E10) will switch on and the OPB screen will come up, another weird thing about this prom is setenv seems to not work, it will not remember my settings, if i change boot-device to disk it still comes up trying net as default....is this a bad prom or is the nvram going? what is the program kris speaks of that lets you change prom settings from linux?

tia,
don