Re: [Re: [Re: Killed my SPARC5?] - battery?]

   Hmmm... that's unfortunate.  I'll try pulling out all the ram and such and
see if it could maybe be something there.  I'm down to random
experimentation...  :)
  Thanks.

  Kris

Andreas Loong <reflect@phreaker.net> wrote:

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Kristofer Bergstrom wrote:

>   Thank you for your help everyone.
>
>   Brief version:  Where do I look if I want to remove the battery to reset
the
> ROM on a SPARC5?

The battery on a sparc is inside the rom. if it fails, you replace the
rom. listening to your problem, however, I do not think that's what's
wrong.

changing a few settings in the rom should never ever make the machine
'dead'. will not happen, unless the powersupply is in the wrong state
(which I mailed you about earlier.) under all circumstances, you should
get the green light when the machine is powered on.

to summarize the mail I sent to Kristofer:
(I suggested that he'd remove the power cord from the PSU, since they
sometimes(most often after a power failure) get in the wrong state and the
PSU 'thinks' it is already on. thus, it delivers no power, and nothing
happens when you press the ON button. this is a common failure with the
sparc5 PSU.>

Andreas Loong