Re: Solaris emulation in 2.4.19

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 03:59:01PM +0300, Baurjan Ismagulov wrote:
> Hello, Roy!
>
> On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 06:02:23PM -0500, Roy Bixler wrote:
> > $ /usr/gnemul/solaris/usr/bin/cat
> > zsh: no such file or directory: /usr/gnemul/solaris/usr/bin/cat
>
> I haven't tried this recently, however, I think running Solaris binaries
> from a static Solaris shell (like /sbin/sh) might help you. Solaris ls
> did work for me on ext2.

That was it and perhaps this should be part of the FAQ on
'ultralinux.org'.  Once I copied '/sbin/sh' from Solaris, I could
execute it on Linux.  And, once inside of the Solaris 'sh' I can
execute Linux binaries and basic Solaris binaries like 'ls' and 'cat'.

> See also
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-sparc&m=90322352425369&w=2

Perhaps you mean this one?

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-sparc&m=90326076500212&w=2

Anyway, that is useful if discouraging.  It looks like Netscape won't
run after all.  I misread the FAQ there because, on re-reading it,
only the SunOS version is mentioned.

Thanks!

--
Roy Bixler <rcb@ucp.uchicago.edu>