Re: Solaris emulation in 2.4.19

> $ /usr/gnemul/solaris/usr/bin/cat
> zsh: no such file or directory: /usr/gnemul/solaris/usr/bin/cat
>
> While these:
>
> $ ls -l /usr/gnemul/solaris/usr/bin/cat
> -r-xr-xr-x    1 root     root        10092 Jul 10  2000
> /usr/gnemul/solaris/usr/bin/cat*$ file /usr/gnemul/solaris/usr/bin/cat
> /usr/gnemul/solaris/usr/bin/cat: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, SPARC,
> version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped
>
> says otherwise.

I just want to make sure you understand that the error you're getting
isn't that /.../cat doesn't exist, but rather that /.../cat is trying
to call on a file that doesn't exist.

Watch:

[time@timetop 16:46:22 ~/tmp]
:) zsh
time@timetop ~/tmp $ ./tmp.pl
zsh: no such file or directory: ./tmp.pl
time@timetop ~/tmp $ cat tmp.pl
#!/a/b/c/perl
print "test\n";

time@timetop ~/tmp $

In this case, the "#!/a/b/c/perl" is triggering the error. Most Unix
shells had this very confusing error up to recently. Specifically, note
that bash gives a variant on this error that makes it more obvious that it
isn't the shell having the problem, but the user program.

Sorry I can't help you with your main problem...

--
Tim Ellis
Senior Database Architect