DHCP with happy meal and/or lance

Hi all,

I've an ultrasparc1 with a builtin lance ethernet card (/sbus/ledma/le)
and an addon happy meal ethernet card (/sbus/hme)
I try to setup debian 3.0 to make a personal home firewall with it.
My internet connexion is a cable modem type (provider is
numericable.fr), so i have to boot with dhcp at eth0.
The drivers are compiled in kernel and both detects the corresponding
cards.

The (strange) problem is:
1°) when i don't put the 2nd card in my sparc, all works fine, i can
dhcp on eth0
2°) when i put the second one, dhcp doesn't work ( eth0 doesn't work:
linux says "cable problem" ie twisted pairs RJ45 cable). But when i go
into openprom i can self-test the both ethernet (connected one after one
to the cable modem), and that's seem good ( i see good ethernet pacquet
(a dot) and none bad eth pacquet (a X)).

I have search in sparc related ml ( debian, redhat, suse, ultralinux,
...), and i havent found similary problems.

My both cards have the same MAC address, i've read somewhere that it is
normal (both card have the station MAC address) but none of my cards
(when they are use together) seems to work at all with linux (cable
problem, autonegociation failed, spped is set to 10 instead of 100,
etc...)

Do i have to pass special parameters (ether=?), i can know with openprom
their IRQ but don't know how to know base_add and mem_start stuff)?

does anyone have any idea?

thanks in advance.

Christian