RE : help on Debian 3.0 SPARC installation

Hi,

> Therefore, during the first installation kernel loading, beyond the
"NET4 > : Unix Domain Sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0" message, the
kernel gives
> another message and irretrievably stops :

> "Kernel Panic : I have no root and I want to scream. Press STOP-A to
> return to the boot prom".

You have to provide an initrd to the kernel. At the SILO prompt, try :
/boot/sparc64
initrd=/dists/stable/main/disks-sparc/current/images-1.44/root.bin

> Have I to remove the Solaris partitions before installing Debian ?

Nope.

Olivier
SSC
EPFL