help on Debian 3.0 SPARC installation

Hello,

I'd like to install the Debian 3.0 (Woody) SPARC distribution on an
UltraSPARC architecture (Sun4u) instead of existing Solaris. The engine
model is SUN Blade, and the Debian installation becomes well when booting on
bought CDROM under /BOOT/sparc64 file.

Therefore, during the first installation kernel loading, beyond the "NET4 :
Unix Domain Sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0" message, the kernel gives
another message and irretrievably stops :

"Kernel Panic : I have no root and I want to scream. Press STOP-A to return
to the boot prom".

Have I to remove the Solaris partitions before installing Debian, or is this
an engine bug ?

Sincerely,
S.C