Re: How does Debian Linux compare to the "others" on Sparc
   From: James Fowler
<santiago@cox.net>
   Date: Wed, September 4, 2002 9:43 am
   To: debian-
sparc@lists.debian.org

   I have found that debian is much easier to maintain on any

architecture than RH or any
   other RPM based distro. Apt-get is extremely useful.

   James

On 4 Sep 2002, Antonio Luiz Pacifico wrote:

   > If I were you I'd preffer Debian GNU/Linux just
because the atualization
   > of the packages are faster then the others.
   > I've been running
Debian GNU/Linux on my Sparc since March 2002. Until
   > now I hadn't problems. More than this, the
community of Debian, I think,
   > is more friendly to answer your doubts!
   > Trust in me!!! Choose
Debian!

wrote:

   > > Hi
   > >
   > > 	I was wondering if anyone has compared Debian to SuSe or Red Hat

Linux and how does Debian stackup against those, I am ready to rid my
   > > sparc's of Solaris and am
trying to find a good implementation of
   > > Linux, I use Red Hat on the Intel box's I have but have
not tried any
   > > on sparc.
   > >
   > > Thanks
   > >
   > > Rich :^)
   > >
   > > Richard A Sharpe

Database Analyst and Administration (DBA)
   > > Amherst Corporate Computer Sales and
Solutions
   > > 40 Continental Blvd
   > > Merrimack, NH 03054
   > > PHONE .......(603) 579-6180 /
(800) 431-8031
.......rsharpe@amherst1.com / Webpage ...www.amherst1.com

   > > "Tenemos que tener fe"
("We must have faith")

listmaster@lists.debian.org

   --
   James Fowler
   santiago@cox.net

ICQ: 59959089

   "Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies non-
comformity;
   and non-comformity  implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyality -- so

obviously thinking must be stopped"   [Call to Greatness, 1954] -- Adlai
   Stephenson