Re: SS1+: real bad stability after woody-upgrade

christian mock wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 01:11:16PM +0200, Robert Waldner wrote:
>
> > >i'll be grateful for all hints that might lead to solving this.
> >
> > Yes, definitely.
>
> Well, another data point: my SS10 (2x 40 MHz supersparc) behaves badly
> since about when woody became "stable" too -- it was actually running
> woody before, but very solidly.
>
> In my case, it's the postfix "master" process which goes crazy -- the
> last time it was hung in state "D", now it is in "R", both times
> unkillable.

  funny thing is that I have problem with postfix (for about few
months), cleanup is the program and the problem is that it just stops
and waits, probably in kernel since it's unkillable, when I attach gdb
and send interupt signal it is interrupted after MANY HOURS (it ends up
in open function of standard c library). I have no idea why this
happens, I haven't found any interesting messages in syslog (or on
console).

  try to attach the gdb to master and see where it ends up (might take a
long time, even days!)

  it's on intel machine though, kernel 2.4.18

	erik